28 Jan Signs of a Growth Mindset
1. Reaching out for help when you need it.
Asking for help is a great sign of a growth mindset because it signifies you are curious. Inquiry is such a beautiful marker of positivity. Ask for feedback.
2. Remembering that the victory is in the process not always the outcome.
Being especially “process oriented” helps you maintain a growth mindset. In wondering what strategies or steps could be most effective, you stay open to ideas you may have never tried before. Sure you want a good grade (the outcome) but you’d also like an effective process to get you there.
3. Shifting your language from “I have to” to “I get to”…
Instead of thinking “I have to do my homework” say to yourself “I get to do my homework. What can I learn?”
4. Looking at failures as opportunities and asking yourself, “What will I do different next time?”
Share your stories of defeat and failure – making it okay and normalizing the fact that all human beings make mistakes. Remember to use the power of “YET”, i.e. “I haven’t learned that set of skills yet.” It’s all about feed-forward.
5. Celebrating yours and others’ successes.
Celebrate each others’ successes knowing there is plenty of success for all of us.